Events and News
Tuesday September 20, 2022, 5pm: What was ‘good Welsh’ (1300-1600)?, a lecture with Llewelyn Hopwood, University of Oxford
1229 Dwinelle Hall, with a reception to follow in Ishi Court at 6pm
To subscribe to our events announcement email list, write to email@example.com.
The Celtic Studies newsletter, Treibh, written by students and faculty:
Volume 3: Treibh – Bealtaine.
Volume 1: Treibh – Samhain 2015
CELTS IN THE NEWS:
- How speaking Welsh became cool.
- An interview with Celtic Studies Professor Emeritus Daniel Melia: “2017’s Best Cities for St Patrick’s Day Celebrations.”
- Press Release: Celtic Studies minor Brennan Fahselt and Celtic Studies alumna Renata Rua were were presented with 2016 Gaeltacht Summer awards to study Irish language in Galway, Ireland. Read the press release here.
- An interview with Professor emeritus Dan Melia about St. Patrick’s Day [9 Mar 2016].
- The Irish Studies Program of the National University of Ireland awarded two scholarships to Celtic Studies Program students Tony Coyle and Tim Hill. See photo here.
- Press Release: 3 UC Berkeley Celtic Studies students — Dylan Cooper and Andrea Eberle, Celtic Studies majors, and Alessandra Moyer, Irish language student — were presented with Summer Gaeltacht Awards to study Irish language in Galway, Ireland. Read the press release here. See photos here.